The next SENr showcase will be held on 4th November in Leeds City Centre. Programme and speaker updates will be announced shortly. On 3rd November we will be hosting a portfolio development workshop. Visit the website for more details www.bda.uk.com/events/senr_events/autumn_showcase_2016.
Sport and Exercise Nutrition Stream at British Dietetic Association Research Symposium
(7th December 2016, Birmingham City Centre) – Abstract Submission Now Open
The Sport and Exercise Nutrition Register (SENr) is delighted to announce that it will hosting a sport and exercise nutrition stream at this year’s British Dietetic Association Research Symposium. The stream will be divided into two categories: Those ‘New to Research’ (SENr Graduate Registrants) and ‘Established Practitioners / Researchers’ (all other categories of registration).
For details on how to submit an abstract please refer to the section below on ‘Submitting an abstract’ and ‘How to prepare an abstract for submission’.
Register your abstract using the online booking system and upload your abstract submission. If you have any problems with the online booking system please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 200 8080 and we will send you the
Booking now open via this LINK
The SENr Spring Showcase was held on 16th March 2016 as part of BDA Live.
The day included the following presentations;
- The inaugural lecture of the Professor Clyde Williams OBE Award (2015-16) for sport and exercise nutrition education or research presented by Laurent Bannock, Director, Guru Performance LTD, SENr High Performance Registrant, Fellow of the International Society for Sports Nutrition on Toward An Epistemology of Practice in Performance Nutrition.
- Does protein milk offer sport enthusiasts an ‘all-round’ solution to their training nutritional needs? by Neasa Easaforde, Dairy Council student award winner, BSc Human Nutrition, MSc Dietetics Student, Ulster University.
- Whey protein consumption after resistance exercise reduces subsequent energy intake by Alistair Monteyne, Dairy Council student award winner, MSc Sport and Exercise Nutrition, Loughborough University, School of Sport, Exercise & Health Sciences.
- Nutrition with Para Swimming by Stef Shreeve, Performance Nutritionist at English Institute of Sport.
- Unleash the power of food-performance nutrition at the English Institute of Sport with Dr Kevin Currell, Head of Performance Nutrition, English Institute of Sport.
- Can the clinical and sport world collide in dietetics? With Sharon Madigan, Sports Dietitian / Respiratory Dietitian, BDA Sport Nutrition Group.
Autumn Showcase November 2015
SENr is gaining a reputation for running fantastic sports nutrition events. The latest, the Autumn Showcase was held on 13th November 2015 at the home of Scottish Rugby, BT Murrayfield Stadium. Please link through for the event report and presentation synopses.
“In recent years numerous sports men and women have excelled on the international stage, as exemplified by the outstanding performances of Team GB at the London 2012 Olympic Games, and the Home Nations at the recent Commonwealth Games in Glasgow. Part of this success is due to the outstanding and world leading support services that our athletes receive from support staff, and this event has highlighted the pivotal role that correct nutrition can and must play in the performance of athletes both before, during and after competition and training.” Professor John Brewer, St Mary’s University, London
“I was delighted to speak at the first SENr conference in Scotland. We had a fantastic day that engaged all levels of practitioner and was an excellent opportunity to make new contacts. The SENr Register is fast becoming the industry standard in Performance Nutrition, which gives athletes the reassurance that practitioners on the Register are qualified with the appropriate skills to support them in their pursuit of excellence.” Irene Riach, Performance Nutritionist, sportscotland Institute of Sport
- Supporting the Commonwealth Games, Glasgow 2014: Irene Riach.
- Case Studies from the Commonwealth Games, Glasgow 2014, Nikos Jakubiak.
- Nutrition Strategies from the Rugby World Cup: Richard Chessor, Dr Graeme Close, Ruth Wood Martin.
- Nutrition strategies for the Rugby World Cup 2015: Ruth Wood Martin, IRFU.
- Frequently Asked Questions of Performance Nutritionists by Elite Athletes, Sport Wales Team.
- Weight Making, Games Experience & Ethical Considerations, Mark Ellison.
- Fish oil supplementation and Hydration strategy breakout, Dr Stuart Galloway.
- Fish oil supplementation – Dr Oliver Witard.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids: Dr Lee Hamilton.
- Joining SENr – Louise Sutton.
“The SENr is vital to uphold the Sport and Exercise industry through accrediting suitably qualified and experienced practitioners, developing the Performance Nutrition discipline and setting professional standards among registrants.” Olivia Busby, Acting Head of Performance Nutrition, Sports Wales
“Registered sports nutritionists are vital to the integrity of professional and amateur sports in the future. Having a robust and effective register to set standards and protect athletes is vital, something that SENr is the key leader on.” Andy Burman, BDA CEO