You can read about more recent events on the BDA website here.
The 2016 SENr Showcase took place in Leeds in November 2016. Read about this fantastic event in Board member Richard Chessor’s article in Dietetics Today.
The SENr Spring Showcase was held on 16th March 2016 as part of BDA Live.
The day included the following presentations;
- The inaugural lecture of the Professor Clyde Williams OBE Award (2015-16) for sport and exercise nutrition education or research presented by Laurent Bannock, Director, Guru Performance LTD, SENr High Performance Registrant, Fellow of the International Society for Sports Nutrition on Toward An Epistemology of Practice in Performance Nutrition.
- Does protein milk offer sport enthusiasts an ‘all-round’ solution to their training nutritional needs? by Neasa Easaforde, Dairy Council student award winner, BSc Human Nutrition, MSc Dietetics Student, Ulster University.
- Whey protein consumption after resistance exercise reduces subsequent energy intake by Alistair Monteyne, Dairy Council student award winner, MSc Sport and Exercise Nutrition, Loughborough University, School of Sport, Exercise & Health Sciences.
- Nutrition with Para Swimming by Stef Shreeve, Performance Nutritionist at English Institute of Sport.
- Unleash the power of food-performance nutrition at the English Institute of Sport with Dr Kevin Currell, Head of Performance Nutrition, English Institute of Sport.
- Can the clinical and sport world collide in dietetics? With Sharon Madigan, Sports Dietitian / Respiratory Dietitian, BDA Sport Nutrition Group.
Autumn Showcase November 2015
SENr is gaining a reputation for running fantastic sports nutrition events. The latest, the Autumn Showcase was held on 13th November 2015 at the home of Scottish Rugby, BT Murrayfield Stadium. Please link through for the event report and presentation synopses.
“In recent years numerous sports men and women have excelled on the international stage, as exemplified by the outstanding performances of Team GB at the London 2012 Olympic Games, and the Home Nations at the recent Commonwealth Games in Glasgow. Part of this success is due to the outstanding and world leading support services that our athletes receive from support staff, and this event has highlighted the pivotal role that correct nutrition can and must play in the performance of athletes both before, during and after competition and training.” Professor John Brewer, St Mary’s University, London
“I was delighted to speak at the first SENr conference in Scotland. We had a fantastic day that engaged all levels of practitioner and was an excellent opportunity to make new contacts. The SENr Register is fast becoming the industry standard in Performance Nutrition, which gives athletes the reassurance that practitioners on the Register are qualified with the appropriate skills to support them in their pursuit of excellence.” Irene Riach, Performance Nutritionist, sportscotland Institute of Sport
- Supporting the Commonwealth Games, Glasgow 2014: Irene Riach.
- Case Studies from the Commonwealth Games, Glasgow 2014, Nikos Jakubiak.
- Nutrition Strategies from the Rugby World Cup: Richard Chessor, Dr Graeme Close, Ruth Wood Martin.
- Nutrition strategies for the Rugby World Cup 2015: Ruth Wood Martin, IRFU.
- Frequently Asked Questions of Performance Nutritionists by Elite Athletes, Sport Wales Team.
- Weight Making, Games Experience & Ethical Considerations, Mark Ellison.
- Fish oil supplementation and Hydration strategy breakout, Dr Stuart Galloway.
- Fish oil supplementation – Dr Oliver Witard.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids: Dr Lee Hamilton.
- Joining SENr – Louise Sutton.